Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: When ill - prevent the spread - STAY AWAY!  (Read 1613 times)

Offline spud

• kindergartner
When ill - prevent the spread - STAY AWAY!
« on: February 13, 2008, 12:34:11 PM »
I do believe we are in the middle of flu season. The time of year where respiratory illnesses and flus spread rapidly in communities. Germs stay on hard surfaces such as railings, lightswitches, zippers, phones, etc. and people can pick up the virus and transmit it around.  When families experience an illness such as major caughing , sneezing, runny nose, vomitting and or diareah they are infectious to others and should NOT go to community events like playgroups, libraries, daycare etc.  Protect others and help reduce the spread of illnesses by staying at home and not exposing others to your illness.  Washing your hands very frequently has been proven to work and remaining absent from work or daycare for 48 hours after the last bout of vomitting or diareah or returning once the nose stopps pouring and sneezing is minimized so it doesn t become airborne.  I require parents to pay if absent for whatever reason (- as it IS their spot and reserved jsut for them) but are not to come when ill . If I get ill, then I close and everyone loses then, so I ask my dc families to please respect the health care policies I have in place.

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources