Parenting > Sleep Issues

Transitioning from Crib to Big Bed

(1/2) > >>

Laura:
Looking for some ideas and suggestions on when to transition a child from a crib to a big bed.  Is there a particular age to do so and what methods were used?

Laura:
When is a good age to make the move from a crib to a bed?

spud:
Dont ask me, my era slept with our kids...
this era.. I would have to say, after 3 months! like my dc parents have..they plop em in bed and they fall asleep without sound...interesting.

CareDC:
I'd like to know how thay manage to get them to fall asleep on their own.

spud:
consistency..when its time for bed, its time for bed, tuck them in close the door and leave. they will eventually fall alseep in that designated sleep frame (ie 930-11am or 1-3ish in pm) and learn that when they are lied down in a darkened room after a bottle or other routine behaviour, then they learn its sleep time. I figure they just didnt go back in to get them..by the time i get them, they jsut sleep without fuss at their designated sleep times...interested eh! I wish I could have done that , but I always "checked on them" thus disturbed them and them seeing me and thinking, maybe its NOT sleep time, yay-then they get excited or confused...I think I also picked them up after a while if they cried or didnt fall asleep, so they counted on me coming back. My dc parentss didnt go back I dont think !  know what I mean?In the end , the babies I have got in my dc, have been great, calm easy to get to sleep kinda kids.
I

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version