Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Transitioning from Crib to Big Bed  (Read 7901 times)

Offline Laura

• Global Moderator
  • Preschooler
Transitioning from Crib to Big Bed
« on: February 19, 2008, 03:22:34 PM »
Looking for some ideas and suggestions on when to transition a child from a crib to a big bed.  Is there a particular age to do so and what methods were used?

Offline Laura

• Global Moderator
  • Preschooler
Re: Transitioning from Crib to Big Bed
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 11:45:59 PM »
When is a good age to make the move from a crib to a bed?

Offline spud

• kindergartner
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 09:34:21 AM »
Dont ask me, my era slept with our kids...
this era.. I would have to say, after 3 months! like my dc parents have..they plop em in bed and they fall asleep without sound...interesting.

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 04:51:24 PM »
I'd like to know how thay manage to get them to fall asleep on their own.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 11:40:48 AM by gdcAdmin »

Offline spud

• kindergartner
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 09:04:17 PM »
consistency..when its time for bed, its time for bed, tuck them in close the door and leave. they will eventually fall alseep in that designated sleep frame (ie 930-11am or 1-3ish in pm) and learn that when they are lied down in a darkened room after a bottle or other routine behaviour, then they learn its sleep time. I figure they just didnt go back in to get them..by the time i get them, they jsut sleep without fuss at their designated sleep times...interested eh! I wish I could have done that , but I always "checked on them" thus disturbed them and them seeing me and thinking, maybe its NOT sleep time, yay-then they get excited or confused...I think I also picked them up after a while if they cried or didnt fall asleep, so they counted on me coming back. My dc parentss didnt go back I dont think !  know what I mean?In the end , the babies I have got in my dc, have been great, calm easy to get to sleep kinda kids.
I

Offline stephenmiller

• Infant
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 04:23:57 AM »
When a baby will start sitting after that they should be shifted from crib to bed. Because as they have started sitting so, there is chance that the baby can try to come out from the crib. So, once the baby started sitting they should shifted from crib to big bed

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources