Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Home Based Daycare in a rented house  (Read 3442 times)

Offline bobduplain

  • Infant
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Home Based Daycare in a rented house
« on: January 02, 2011, 08:34:08 AM »
Hi, I am interested in opening and running a home based daycare in Ontario.  I will be renting a house for the daycare, and I am looking for information on insurance- can I get liability insurance if I am renting the house? is there any other insurance I need?
And how likely am I to find a landlord willing to let me use his property my home as well as a homebased daycare??
I have an ECE and a B.Ed, I'm a supply teacher now, but my wife (B.Ed) and I are excited to open our own daycare, any help would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks

Offline stephenmiller

  • Infant
  • *
  • Posts: 18
Re: Home Based Daycare in a rented house
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 05:31:01 AM »
For running a day care firstly a license is needed. Child day care facilities can be licensed as either Type I facilities or Type II facilities. If care is provided in a dwelling for 13 or more children or in a non-dwelling for four or more children, the facility is a Type I. If care is provided in a dwelling (which is your home) for up to 12 children, the facility is considered a Type II. The fee for initial licensing for both Type I and Type II facilities is $50. The annual license renewal fee is $25


©2016 All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources