Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Weekends, evenings, etc.  (Read 1634 times)

Offline jharrisece

• Preschooler
Weekends, evenings, etc.
« on: March 25, 2008, 07:11:07 PM »
Just wondering if anyone does weekends, evenings, holidays, etc.  I have volunteered my time to do LNR (Licence-not-required) Care for 5 Saturdays for a friend.  She is taking the Good Beginnings course over 5 weeks and needs care from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays.  My youngest and her two are friends (her oldest is in my preschool) so it will give them a chance to have time together.  Also, she didn't realize that she qualified for childcare subsidy for them and I picked up the package so she can submit it.  I didn't want a dime from her but since the government will pay $30 for her 2 year old and $27.50 for the 4 year old, darn right I am going to submit it to the government!  I will provide care in my preschool and will do a more relaxed morning (just some sensory play, snack, art, outside time, lunch, quiet time) and I will set this time aside to do my program planning and prep. work.  I am glad to help her out and be able to set some money aside for the summer when I am not working.

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources