Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Daycare software (and saying hi) :)  (Read 2442 times)

Offline jazmic

• Infant
Daycare software (and saying hi) :)
« on: January 28, 2012, 08:58:12 PM »
Hello Everybody!

This is officially my first post. :) I'm a home daycare provider in Ottawa and I just wanted to know how many providers use software to help manage the administration side of things? I haven't really found any Canadian sites geared toward daycare operators with features like automatic invoice and receipt generation, expenses sheet, daily report sheets, etc. I think it would be awesome if something like this is out there. Anyway, I just wanted to find out if anyone knows of a site that does something like this?

Cheers! :)

Offline p2008

• Infant
    • Parent Relief - Bringing Parents and Providers Together
Re: Daycare software (and saying hi) :)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 10:34:12 AM »
Hello Everybody!

This is officially my first post. :) I'm a home daycare provider in Ottawa and I just wanted to know how many providers use software to help manage the administration side of things? I haven't really found any Canadian sites geared toward daycare operators with features like automatic invoice and receipt generation, expenses sheet, daily report sheets, etc. I think it would be awesome if something like this is out there. Anyway, I just wanted to find out if anyone knows of a site that does something like this?

Cheers! :)

Hi Jazmic,

Try Parent Relief (parentrelief.com). Most providers list their services on their online directory. But at the same time, they give out a free online daycare software called bizAdvantage. The software may not be as comprehensive as Procare but it's good enough for Home Daycare. Best of all, it's free! :) Hope that helps.

Regards

Offline Rose

• Infant
  • Need to get hands on? Sing: "Let's get physical!"
Re: Daycare software (and saying hi) :)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:16:14 PM »
Every year I print out the Revenue Canada publication:  Using Your Home for Daycare.

Based on that, I have an envelope system of filing that I use.

I have one large brown envelope full of envelopes for the following bills:  Office Supplies, Field Trips, Memberships & Subscriptions, Maintenance of House (not daycare), Home Repairs for Daycare, Capital Cost Allowance, and Advertising. 

I have a second large brown envelope where I keep all food/supplies receipts, which I total and staple together monthly.

I have a receipt book, and a two drawer filing cabinet where I keep all the daycare files and resources.  Actually, I only use one drawer for the daycare files.  The other drawer I use to lock up all drug supplies for our household.

Once a year I total up the envelopes, write the totals on the Revenue Canada publication:  Using Your Home for Daycare, and give that to my accountant.  The most I have ever paid in taxes is $600.  Not bad, I think.

Takes me about 4-8 hours every April to go through all my files.

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources