Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Tax Receipt  (Read 2196 times)

Offline accolade

  • Infant
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Tax Receipt
« on: February 05, 2012, 09:57:14 PM »
Hello Ladies,
This is end of my first year, and time for tax receipts.  I have seen a form that requires our ( the providers) social insurance number.  I would like to know, is this a requirement?
Thank you, looking forward to your advise.

Offline Rose

  • Infant
  • *
  • Posts: 23
  • Need to get hands on? Sing: "Let's get physical!"
Re: Tax Receipt
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 01:23:43 PM »
If you talk to revenue canada (which i have), they will state that yes, your social insurance number is required.

However,  I have been doing daycare for 7 years and have NEVER provided my social insurance number.  I provide a signed, dated monthly receipt, detailing that this is for childcare, which children, number of hours care.  I also stamp the receipt with my business name, full address, and phone number.

None of my parents have ever had any problems.  If they did, I would state that Revenue Canada is free to contact me and I will provide THEM with my social insurance number.  With the number of cases of fraud out there, I will not give out my SIN to every stranger/parent who walks in my door.


©2016 All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources