Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Considering before and after school care  (Read 5222 times)

Offline jadjac

• Infant
Considering before and after school care
« on: June 08, 2012, 03:42:19 PM »
Hi there!  I am starting to think about the fall and am thinking about doing before and after school care in my home.  I have done it in the past, but I really undercharged people and became bitter about that.  So, I am here to research it a little more and see what I can do to be successful this time, starting with how much to charge.  I am in the Calgary area, but our school has a different sort of schedule; extra days off during the month, extra long vacations spread through the year and school is only in from 8:40-12:05 every Friday.

Does anyone have any tips for me, either on a ballpark figure of what to charge, what kinds of things I should include and offer, or ideas on how to keep things running smoothly?

Offline sunshine2012

• Infant
Re: Considering before and after school care
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 12:06:15 AM »
Maybe check with some of the dayhomes in the area that take school age children. If your rates are the same you will get kids. I think some people charge around 400 her in Regina.

Offline littleturtles

• Infant
Re: Considering before and after school care
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 12:31:40 PM »
well im in ontario, so the rates are prob different here, currently my daycare isnt open yet and my son goes to daycare on his off days at school. I asked his provider what she charges and her hourly rate is $4.50 or she charges $1.50 per 15 min for before/after school care...not sure if this helps but thought it was interesting! :)

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources