Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Activities and Daily Schedule for Infants  (Read 4676 times)

Offline Carrie

• Infant
Activities and Daily Schedule for Infants
« on: April 25, 2008, 03:07:55 PM »
I would like some suggestions / advice on what type of activities i can do with my infant. It would also be nice if i could get some ideas on how to create a daily schedule for my child.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Being a first time mom, i'm not exactly sure what to do.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 02:50:10 PM by Laura »

Offline Laura

• Global Moderator
  • Preschooler
Re: Activities and Daily Schedule for Infants
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 02:49:47 PM »
Carrie,
I have taken your idea and posted under the age categories as well.  I hope that you don't mind.  Hopefully this will generate some ideas for others as well.

Offline spud

• kindergartner
Re: Activities and Daily Schedule for Infants
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 09:19:56 AM »
Welcome Carrie, great question...I have just brought babies into my daycare this year so I am also testing different routines and activities with my lil group ( I used to only care for kids ages 4 plus)
so far, this is a typical day around here:
7:30 up, change, to highchair, talking good mornings :) breakfast and a chance for me to do kitchen work for a half hour or so.. I tell the babies what I am doing alllll the time..vocal vocal vocal! (They learn so much by you telling them things / describing things to them (ie i am using my red measuring spoons!)
8:30-9:30 walk /outing
9:30 circle time..sit and sing : Here we are together, together, together!
b b b b a b a butterfly...la la la la la lady bug songs... story, vocabulary
10:00 change bottoms (usally a poop by now!) and bed for some babies after a bottle and cuddle with drapes/blinds drawn so they see its quiet time.  others have free play within toys that are in the baby room (my living room is fully baby proofed) I rotate/and clean (dishwasher) toys weekly (fridays) to provide change..I also provide a sensory for the babies each week, a felt board, or feely board or old carpet pieces or other items that have various feels.. or help them with playdoe or sandbox or water..or big huge wooden beads etc
11"30 is lunch around here..done by 12..diaper change and free play or a walk outside for an hour until diaper change bottles and bed again (or for the first time for some babies)from 1-3. Up to change and outside till 5!!
Theres an idea for ya anyhow, im sure my schedule will change, and I will get more ideas..please feel free to post more ideas ehre anyone!!
When I only had one baby, I would participate in the library program once per week adn would go mom and tot swim at the pool aslo!

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources