Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Unlicensed Daycares in Ontario  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Jezebel

• Infant
Unlicensed Daycares in Ontario
« on: August 27, 2010, 02:27:22 PM »
Hi there,

I have a question I hope someone may be able to help out with or point me in the right direction of additional information.
If a daycare facility is unlicensed can they have more than 5 children attending? What is considered private daycare and can this private daycare operate out of a facility with any number of children.

Thanks

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
Re: Unlicensed Daycares in Ontario
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 03:18:59 PM »
Hi Jezebel,

Here is a link that might explain some of the requirements for running an unlicensed daycare in Ontario

link

Hope this helps.

Offline Katrina

• Infant
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 01:29:37 PM »
My understanding is no, you can care for 5 children)not including your own), but are not required to use age guidelines. It's what you feel comfortable with.

Offline Drops of Sunshine

• Infant
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:11:46 AM »
Hey the link you have on the site to the unlicensed child figure isn't working, could you repost?  We are just setting up our informal/unlicensed daycare business & have been told that we have to limit the number of children under 2 & also between 2-6.  Is this right?
We have been looking at the Ontario Day Nurseries Act (licensing) & on page 26 it gives a table that details the ages of children you can have.  & there is a note at the bottom stating that the age rules applie to "priavte arrangements between the provider and the childs parent/guardian"

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources