Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community
Hello August 22, 2014, 10:42:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome Members and guests!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: List of Items needed for daycare  (Read 2581 times)
Please make a post
littleturtles
Infant

« on: September 26, 2012, 10:15:20 AM »

Hi all, I'm opening a daycare in my home and would like to know all the items that are a must have...including toys and crafts etc. Is there a total list of things needed to start? I have done daycare before but this time around I'm setting up like a daycare center but in my home.
Thanks!

Oma
Infant

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 10:23:34 PM »

Hi, I officially opened my home daycare end of March and I don't recall there being any kind of list for toys or crafts. Initially I sat down and made a list of items I deemed fun, educational and safe for all ages. To name a few: Duplo blocks, riding toys, books, musical instruments, play kitchen, work bench, doll house, crayons, coloured paper, blunt scissors, glue stick, old catalogues, Large plastic eyes, Popsicle Sticks, washable colour markers (crayola pip-squeaks), fisher price little people (which can be bought in tubes of 3), shape sorters, wooden puzzles, large piece puzzles, games, playing cards and a CD player.
You can also make lace cards by cutting up cereal boxes and using a hole punch and add a colourful shoe lace.
I was very lucky as I have some friends who helped me by looking for things at garage sales that were in good shape and cleanable. I find having varied ages of children from 1 1/2 to 4 years of age, they love collecting what we call small treasures of leaves, pine cones, small stones, etc. on our some of our outings to use for crafts. We save and use egg cartons, plastic bottles for some of our crafts/projects.
We all know children love to use their imagination.
Hope this helps!

littleturtles
Infant

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »

Thanks so much! That is for sure helpful, I have lots of toys and crafts but I just like an idea of what others have available to the kiddies. I just want an idea of what others think are the best toys to have etc. Thanks again! Wink

stephenmiller
Infant

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 05:58:29 AM »

Not only toys or crafts but all the items that a baby uses in its day to day life at home all those items are needed including diapers,wipes,pacifiers,crib sheets and blankets,bottle, baby food etc. All these are the most common and most important items.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: