Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Gas prices..did you take out your loan today  (Read 3845 times)

Offline spud

• kindergartner
Gas prices..did you take out your loan today
« on: April 30, 2008, 08:57:53 AM »
Wow, filled up the van today, prices of gas are rediculous and this is angering me.  Esso strange enough was cheaper than our neighbourhood private gas store..I hear we are supposed to avoid esso and petro even if lower and only support local non-esso/petro related companies and this will force the big companies being (esso and petro) to lower their gas prices since they are the ones that lead the market..I wonder if this is what is happening..These big companies are so greedy and this is a monopoly!!!

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
Re: Gas prices..did you take out your loan today
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 11:44:50 AM »
The reason gas prices are so high is because the price of the barrel of oil has gone through the roof. That's the root cause of the problem. To a certail extent it almost doesn't matter where you buy your gas because that's not where its price is controlled.

Offline spud

• kindergartner
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 07:34:13 AM »
ok..theres a start..please continue...and so WHY is oil so high again? who controls that?

Offline jharrisece

• Preschooler
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 04:35:41 PM »
What is the price across Canada?  I noticed yesterday it was $132.9 here in Kamloops.  It is costing $300 a month just to go 7 kilometres twice a day!  They had in the paper that by 2010 it will be $2.25 to $2.50 per litre.  I was saying the other day that when I started driving it was $.30 a litre!

Offline spud

• kindergartner
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 10:08:06 AM »
Gas is anywhere from 1.20-1.35 per litre right now..we are used to paying under a dollar in our rural area.

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 11:07:44 AM »
Europeans have always been paying way more then we in North America for gas. We have enjoyed paying very little for a very long time. I guess the only way to lower the cost of gas is to drive a more fuel-efficient car. That's about the only thing you can control on your end :)

gdcmoderator

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 09:19:10 AM »
I have adopted to BUY FRESH ~ BUY LOCAL..I am buying all local ontario food this summer..and driving MYSELF to the farms to get it all...the increase in the cost of food is a direct result of the increase in gas costs for truckers...I find the food fresher, and cheaper from the farm.

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 01:23:59 PM »
Buying food from the farms is much better regardless of the price of gas. You can get good discounts and much fresher food. I just posted a somewhat related article if anyone is interested

http://www.godaycare.com/daycareforum/index.php?topic=258.0

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources