Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: checking out day care facilities  (Read 5914 times)

Offline Ryan

• Infant
checking out day care facilities
« on: January 01, 2008, 06:35:26 PM »
Hi,
I was just wondering how many people visit a selection of day care facilities before choosing one for their child? Or do people generally rely on reports from others. And how many facilities do people visit? Do they take their child along to see if they feel comfortable there or do make the decision without them ever seeing the place?

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
Re: checking out day care facilities
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 07:06:01 PM »
Hi Ryan, welcome to the forum

It really depends on each individual. Everyone should check at least a couple of daycares before choosing the one they think is best. It is also very important to ask around, or use this site for reviews.

One thing is clear. Choosing the daycare should never be taken lightly.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 07:22:40 PM by gdcAdmin »

Offline Ryan

• Infant
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 08:07:50 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply :) I definitely don't intend to take my decision lightly!

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 08:17:30 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply :) I definitely don't intend to take my decision lightly!

Always glad to help :) Pick a few daycares from the list and call. Always take the tour and ask alot of questions. The more questions you ask, the more answers you will get. Write your answers down because after a while you will not remember who said what as you visit multiple daycares.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 08:20:31 PM by gdcAdmin »

Offline spud

• kindergartner
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 09:46:03 AM »
HI , I always tell families who come to interview me to also interview other providers so they can find the best possible match for their child.  I provide info and documentation on my program and then I give referalls to others in the area and ask the family to get back to me. This way families who choose me, know what I am about and I know they are here to stay. I dont like high turnover so I like to make sure its a good match right off the hop.  Most of my daycare families have been with me for years!!

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 10:49:41 AM »
HI , I always tell families who come to interview me to also interview other providers so they can find the best possible match for their child.  I provide info and documentation on my program and then I give referalls to others in the area and ask the family to get back to me. This way families who choose me, know what I am about and I know they are here to stay. I dont like high turnover so I like to make sure its a good match right off the hop.  Most of my daycare families have been with me for years!!

That's a very unique way of getting enrollment, but I see your point. It's better to serve families who want to be with you, rather then being there because they can't find any other option. Where abouts are you operating and what age groups can enroll?

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources