Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Poll

numer of hours child can be in daycare?

0 (0%)
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Maximum Number of hours child can be in daycare centre  (Read 3276 times)

Offline ting

• Infant
Maximum Number of hours child can be in daycare centre
« on: April 12, 2013, 12:58:49 PM »
Dear All,

I have following questions.I am a parent in Edmonton

1. What are the number of hours child can attend daycare center?

2. Can daycare center change the timings of the stay ?Actually my kids go to daycare center which open from 7 am to 6pm.Now they give a notice to all parents that they will keep child for maximum of 9.5 hrs a day.Additional to this, parent has to pay additional fees?IS it allowable?

3. Apart from this she is hiking the fees also in next 2 months.

Thanks

Offline Oma

• Infant
Re: Maximum Number of hours child can be in daycare centre
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 09:16:31 PM »
Hi,

I have a private home daycare just 20 km out of Winnipeg.

Did you sign a contract as to the hours of care your child(ren) would be in care?
Most of the larger daycare centers and home daycare centers here are open from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and also require a call if you are going to pick up a child after 6:00 p.m. and charge a fee if you pick up your child after 6:00 p.m. unless prior arrangements have been made.

I would suggest that you talk to the Director of the Child Care Centre to see if there are any options available!

As for the fees being raised for childcare, as far as i know most of the daycares here charge anywhere between $25.00 to $40.00 depending on the age of the child(ren).

Hope this helps!

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources