Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Poll

Info on home daycare

how to start daycare
2 (66.7%)
what do i need to begin
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: opening a home daycare  (Read 11744 times)

Offline vouts

• Infant
opening a home daycare
« on: May 17, 2014, 06:14:18 PM »
Hello everyone I'm wondering what preparations i need to do to open my home daycare?
Any info would be great! I live in Pincourt Quebec I currently work in a daycare with about 65 kids
so I decided to do this at home so I could be with my kids also.

Offline CheryR

• Infant
Re: opening a home daycare
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 01:53:16 AM »
Hi there, I am also waiting for a reply from anyone here to give me some information on how to start up a private dayhome.

Offline Lucyca

• Infant
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 10:15:48 AM »
It's really a good idea.

Offline Kar

• Infant
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 12:58:54 PM »
You should have CPR training and childcare courses you can find to take, food handling course, you are limited to 5 children and of those 5 can only have 2 under 2 years of age if you have any of your own children under 6 they count in your total if they are not in school yet once they are in Full Day Kindergarten then only count in the summer.

Offline MarielaG

• Infant
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 11:40:50 AM »
Guidelines (laws) regarding dayhomes and daycares vary province to province. You can contact Child Services in your province and they should be able to answer all questions or at least give you a website for the province that will show any requirements/restrictions regarding childcare

Offline Rachael

• Infant
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 12:43:33 PM »
There are day care regulations which change by province.

Some provinces require all day cares to be registered with Community services or otherwise they are considered illegal.
Some provinces allow unregistered day home (also called private).
Check your regs for your province.

ALL provinces limit the number of children a day care provider may have. It doesn't matter if she calls herself a babysitter, a day care, a child minder or any other title. If someone is being paid to look after children who are not direct family, then the day care regs for that province apply.

In NS, a carer may have no more than 6, including her own until hers are 12 years. So even if a child is in school all day, they count. A provider with 3 children of her own, under 12 years old, cannot have more than 3 day care children.

Ontario regs have just changed to the total of 5.

Manitoba is 4 I believe.

PEI is 7.

It totally changes based on your location

Quebec is totally different. A provider cannot demand notice period if a parent wants to leave. There are very different rules for Quebec because of their subsidized day care for all.

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources