Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Canada places last when it comes to friendlyness of its health care system  (Read 2960 times)

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
The Frontier Centre for Public Policy, a Winnipeg-based think-tank, used Canadian data to rank how it would score on the Euro Health Consumer Index. It found that Canada placed 23rd. The study had compared Canada to 29 European countries and found that when it comes to our annual budget, we placed last (29th). The study had analysed consumer, or patient, friendliness.http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=253874
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 10:56:09 PM by gdcAdmin »

Offline spud

• kindergartner
and I always thought canadians were supposed to me most friendly in general...I agree tho, nothing like people who can t lighten up enough to smile or be accomodating. 

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
I was somewhat surprised myself. But having a displeasure of visiting some emargency rooms over the course fo the past 5 years does seem to reinforce that study. Seems to me that Canadian health care system is grossly overstrained. Doctors and nurses have to work rediculous hours. Sure, they are compensated for their work, but there is no replacement for having time off. 

Offline spud

• kindergartner
Ya, its sad isnt it?  Doctors and Nurses (and then much considerably childcare providers) are paid less than Hockey players...huh! Figure that one.

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
Re: Canada places last when it comes to friendlyness of its health care system
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 11:13:30 AM »
Ya, its sad isnt it?  Doctors and Nurses (and then much considerably childcare providers) are paid less than Hockey players...huh! Figure that one.

Some doctors, much like some hockey players are paid very well too. The thing with prof. sports is that the clubs are MAKING alot of money so, there is alot of cash to go around. There are, thus, revenue shares and bonuses to be made based on performance. I do tend to agree with you that daycare providers are not making all that much considering the stress and the responsibility they carry as part of the job. I'd personally play hockey for living :). hmmm.....then again, hockey players' careers are very short and quite detremental to the health.

Offline spud

• kindergartner
Re: Canada places last when it comes to friendlyness of its health care system
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 11:46:32 AM »
Perhaps those clubs should charge less to get in so all walks of life can enjoy the fun of watching  a game- so kids can get to go watch...oh oh i got an idea. mayBE they would donate some money to organzations who help people in need, huh, now theres an idea that will never be considered.  I think they definatly should scale the whole thing down to a reasonable amount of pay for the players and cheaper admission if they seem to have so much extra cash floating around. Never can I justify a hockey player making more than any doctor...social worker or childcare provider for that matter.  What are peoples priorities? cheap substandard daycare and high paying hockey players and miserable hospital staff as they sit and observe these realities.

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources