Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: dayhome fees  (Read 4676 times)

Offline dayhomemomof3

• Infant
dayhome fees
« on: January 09, 2015, 04:02:23 PM »
Hello, I am wondering if most of you that run your day homes are charging families on a daily, weekly or monthly fee?  I have been charging a monthly fee, but seem to see a lot of providers charging daily. 
Thanks

Offline MarielaG

• Infant
Re: dayhome fees
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 12:36:04 PM »
Personally I prefer monthly, although I do offer daily(or weekly) for part-time. I also offer bi-weekly for those who prefer that option.

Offline Rachael

• Infant
Re: dayhome fees
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 12:37:39 PM »
I have a daily fee but fees are paid in advance bi-weekly since that is how most are paid.

Payment is for the days reserved for a child, not their attendance so I multiply the daily rate but number of days reserved for that child (5 for FT) and that's a weekly fee. I double that for the bi-weekly fee.

I don't charge monthly because the number of working days a month change between 20-24 depending on where the weekends fall. It means having a variable monthly rate to reflect the number of week days and is overly complicated. Charging a flat fee normally results in lost income.

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources