Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Busy area filled with childcare providers.....  (Read 3295 times)

Offline Christine

• Infant
Busy area filled with childcare providers.....
« on: August 01, 2008, 10:30:02 AM »
I don't want toassume anything (as we all know assume means- an ass out of you and me) however, I am in an area with what seems to be filled with childcare providers caring from their homes. I recently posted about 8 signs in my area only to find that within a few days every sign had been removed!!! I am not sure if I am being ripped down from the city or from other providers???

Has anyone else had this happen?

Also, has anyone ever reported or thought about reporting someone for caring over the limit- and I mean OVER the limit. Example, a lady a few houses down from me is caring for 9 children that are NOT hers.

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
Re: Busy area filled with childcare providers.....
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 01:02:57 AM »
Could be both. Could also be teenagers having fun. I know that some busineesses in upscale neighbourhoods hire to take down signs (from hydro poles and such). When competition is high, people do things that they normally wouldn't do.

When providers have more then the designated amount of children, they are breaking the law, and they are potentially putting kids in danger, as supervising that many children is very difficult to say the least.

Offline Laura

• Global Moderator
  • Preschooler
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 03:21:12 PM »
You may want to try putting a posting on our site, as well as the forum. 

Offline spud

• kindergartner
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 10:40:15 AM »
If you are posting the posters on mailboxes or public property, the mail person and city personnel are supposed to remove it and usually do remove these posters from mail boxes...

I hate seeing people with too many kids! It makes me soooo mad.
I have not told on anyone before, but I have in small talk tried to indicate to those ladies what the legal daycare numbers are... ie 5 children under the age of 10..children over the age of 10 do not count in daycare numbers because of their age and capabilities..they are tweens...and just need a person overseeing them, so the county in ontario allows for dc providers to have a couple older kids in their program without problem..however it is a problem seeing more than 5 kids under the age of 5!! that really bothers me!!

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources