Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: "The Zoo Home Daycare" (formerly known as Mandi's Home Daycare)  (Read 4850 times)

Offline mandimc

• Infant
"The Zoo Home Daycare" (formerly known as Mandi's Home Daycare)
« on: January 24, 2008, 01:36:23 PM »
Hi, my name is Mandi and I run The Zoo Home Daycare near Runnymede Rd. and Annette St.

I have space available now!  Call or email me for all the details!

I will provide healthy meals and snacks in accordance with Canada's Food Guide. I will play with your children to engage and encourage their emotional and developmental growth. I believe that "play is a child's work. It's the process through which a child gains knowledge of the surrounding world."

I strive to create a place where your child loves to be and a place where you, as a parent, feel comfortable and confident leaving your child when you can't be around.

I have over ten years experience in childcare caring for children ages infant to school age and hold a diploma in Daycare Management. First Aid and CPR trained. A knowledge of basic baby sign language and French as well.

The following age appropriate activities will be part of your child's day:
Language activities, Sensorimotor activities, Art activities, Music activities, Dramatic-Play activities, and Science activities

If you think that a cozy, home setting with a small group size and lots of one on one attention would be a fit for your child then please email Mandi at mandi_mcminn@hotmail.com or call (647)880-3929 for more information. (Please leave a message if I am not available and I will get back to you quickly!)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 10:03:20 AM by mandimc »

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
Re: Mandi's Home Daycare
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 05:59:25 PM »
Hi Mandi, welcome to the forum. We hope your ad will bring you lots of prospects. Thanks for registering no the forum.

Offline mandimc

• Infant
Re: "The Zoo Home Daycare" (formerly known as Mandi's Home Daycare)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 10:04:20 AM »
Thank you for the reply!

I'm happy to be here!

Offline spud

• kindergartner
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 11:41:28 AM »
Hi Mandi
I too hope you fill your spots..Im just curious...why is it a zoo lol? Do you have lots of pets or lots of kids lol!?
I personally have a few pets and think of this place as a bit of a zoo with everyone coming and going all day long.

Offline mandimc

• Infant
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:52:58 PM »
Hi!

Well I only care for 3 children at a time, so there are not too many kids.  But I do have 2 healthy and friendly cats that LOVE to be involved in almost everything the children do.  So it does feel like a zoo sometimes.  And it's certainly never dull around here!

But mainly...I just love zoos!  I have many happy memories of spending time at the zoo.  So even though I don't have any wild animals, I do hope that my daycare being called "The Zoo" will end up being a positive and happy association of a different kind for the children in my care to look back on later in life!

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:01:27 AM »
I bet kids love pulling their tails, something like this :)

http://www.youtube.com/v/GZiM5j51Tkg&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=0
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 12:10:22 PM by gdcAdmin »

Offline spud

• kindergartner
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 01:23:43 PM »
Ha ha ha! The cat is tantalizing him eh! My one cat hangs out with the kids at certain times of the day, but the others sleep most of the day and dont like the kids much so they avoid them. I dont let kids upstais on bedroom level so the cats can always escape up there. The one though, he loves the kids and greets them every morning and even "walk " the kids to the car at night to say good bye - its funny.

Offline mandimc

• Infant
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 09:41:44 AM »
That is a great video!  My one cat is like that.  She takes whatever comes her way without retaliation.  I do try and stop the children before they start eating the cat though.   :)

Your cat sounds very sweet.  I find it's terrific having a pet that the children can learn to interact properly with, and help to feed, show love to appropriately, etc.

I have one bedroom that is off limits to the children where one of my cats sleeps most of the day.  But my other cat plays with the children and when she's tired she curls up on the couch and has a nap.  She doesn't want to miss anything.  The kids love her!

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 06:30:57 PM »
I think it's important for kids to be around pets for the reasons you had mentioned.

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources