Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Kids First Campaign to Rate Childcare  (Read 1678 times)

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
Kids First Campaign to Rate Childcare
« on: August 25, 2008, 03:02:54 PM »
Here's something on the topic of rating chald care in the US.

When it comes to picking a hotel or finding a restaurant we've all heard of the star or diamond rating system.

Five stars being the best, one for the worst.

But now there's a statewide initiative brewing to implement a similar rating system for daycare centers.

And many say it will change the way people pick daycare and how care is delivered.

Sis Shelton understands the challenge parents face picking childcare centers...a little too well.

"I spent days on the phone calling and I got so frustrated and so upset," Shelton said.

The Kids First Campaign hopes to change the way parents pick centers by creating a state-wide ranking system.

"At the most fundamental level it gives parents the opportunity to be knowledgeable," explained Kids First North Central West Virginia Team Leader Brandi Potock.

While the proposed rating system is aimed at helping parents and children it also helps the centers too.

"There's some real benefits to centers," Potock said. "I don't want folks to think 'I rank low on the scale' and be discouraged about that. I think that this system gives the opportunities to improve and move up."

http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=42967

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources