Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Cost per child  (Read 3468 times)

Offline Katiebell80

• Infant
Cost per child
« on: September 04, 2015, 01:21:53 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this website and I am considering opening up my own home daycare. I have so many questions and I hope someone can help!

Is it better to register your daycare or just have an unlicensed one? Do you find you get a better response to your registered daycare?

How do you decided on the cost per child to charge? I'm just outside of Montreal in Quebec and obviously can not have a subsidized daycare right away so how do you come up with a price?

How easily did you find clients? Did you find clients better through advertising on various websites or by word of mouth?

How long did it take you to set up your daycare? If it's unregistered, do you have to wait for an official to come and check to make sure you have all appropriate things for the children? From everything I'm reading it just seems that if you have an unregistered daycare there are no start up costs, it's can't be that simple right?

Thank you in advance for your help!

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources