Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Stat holidays and payment  (Read 2057 times)

Offline always mom

• Infant
Stat holidays and payment
« on: November 26, 2008, 12:56:22 PM »
Hello everyone
Can you please tell me if you charge for stat holidays!? I do and I have this new family that started part time. I was told that the child will be here 3 or 4 hours a day 4 days a week. ( I usually have a 3 day min)  My policy is if the child is booked to be here and does not come I still get paid as well as all stat holidays and snow days etc..unless I rec adequate notice. Well my new family that started has gave me post dated cheque's for the rest of the year some being paid for 3 days and 2 days and 4 days (I guess she feels this is notice which is fine) but the cheque for Christmas is just for the 22 and 23.  I guess she feels this is notice and does not have to pay for the stat holidays.
Can you please tell me what you think, and if I should say something. ???
Thanks guys :o

Offline Laura

• Global Moderator
  • Preschooler
Re: Stat holidays and payment
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 11:09:51 AM »
You mentioned that you have a policy.  Is this a written or verbal policy?  If you policy is written is it signed by the parents?  If it is signed by the parents then they have a contract to fulfill, however it is up to you to use your own discretion whether you want to charge them or not. Keep in mind that if you do decide not to charge them, you can be opening a can of worms for others to follow through as well.  You may also want to read the topic Getting Paid on Time, here's the link http://www.godaycare.com/daycareforum/index.php?topic=268.0.

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources