Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Got some daycare questions FIRE AWAY!  (Read 4596 times)

Offline spud

• kindergartner
Got some daycare questions FIRE AWAY!
« on: February 10, 2009, 11:18:47 AM »
Anyone have any questions regarding child care..whether you are a parent looking or starting up a new child care...please feel welcome to fire off any questions or ideas you may have!

Offline ltoro

• Infant
Re: Got some daycare questions FIRE AWAY!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 10:05:07 AM »
I live in Oakville and I wanted to know what is the total number of kids I could watch?

Offline Laura

• Global Moderator
  • Preschooler
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 10:44:35 AM »
Are you thinking of running a home daycare or a group daycare?  The numbers will also differ depending on the ages of the children.  Typically homecare providers can provide child care for a maximum of 5 children under the age of 10.  There are additional restrictions if children are under 6 years of age.

You may find more information here:

http://www.children.gov.on.ca/htdocs/English/topics/childcare/index.aspx

Offline kuchuloo

• Infant
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 11:31:43 PM »
 I have a problem do other day care providers ever have a new child come in that doesn't settle down after a week and have to ask parents to make other arragnments  Fussing all day and crying up seting the house hold. I feel like a heel. I am giving them back there security deposit

Offline bobduplain

• Infant
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 10:20:08 PM »
Hi, I live in Ontario, and I would like to run a private-home day care from a house that I will be renting.  How should I approach the insurance situation??  Does the landlord's insurance policy have to be altered, what are the fees and premiums?
Any other information about this type of situation would be great too!  Thank you so much for starting a thread like this!

Offline mels playroom

• Infant
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 11:35:40 PM »
what is the limit of the number of children you can take care of in edmonton?

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources