Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Attention All ECE's  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Laura

• Global Moderator
  • Preschooler
Attention All ECE's
« on: February 11, 2009, 12:38:34 AM »
Persons who wish to refer to themselves as early childhood educators (ECE) and persons working in the field of early childhood education must apply for registration in the College of Early Childhood Educators.

Application Fee: $75.00.
This is a one-time fee for the processing of your application and is non-refundable, regardless of the outcome of the application process.

Registration Fee: $150.00.
The registration fee is $150.00. This fee is for registration as a member. An annual fee of $150.00 is payable on the anniversary of the date your certificate of registration is issued.

http://collegeofece.on.ca/main.php?page_id=37&main_page=2

Offline spud

• kindergartner
Re: Attention All ECE's
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 10:20:31 AM »
YES, and I do believe it is a positive thing, It creates a way to monitor the profession. There wouldnt be any more cases of child molesters working in centres ever again with this governing body in place.

Offline Laura

• Global Moderator
  • Preschooler
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 03:01:56 PM »
I also think it is a good thing to monitor the profession and hopefully this will ensure that others see ECE's more as professionals rather than babysitters. 

As in the cases of child molesters or child abuse happening in the centres.  I am not 100% convinced that even though someone has applied to the governing body that they will not do this.  Look at the nursing or doctor profession as two examples.  Professional, yet they are abusing their patients.  Hopefully this is not going to happen with the ECE professionals.

Offline spud

• kindergartner
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 10:26:38 AM »
I do agree with what you said Laura
I think it will help ensure quality people are working in the field and make it harder for fly by individuals.

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources