Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Annoying mom  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Funlearning

• Infant
Annoying mom
« on: November 23, 2009, 02:53:09 PM »
I provide care for two boys and my own son.  One of the mothers is really annoying me. She recently 'pretends' to forget her son's outdoor clothes. First it was his shoes, now she's been bringing him in his sleeper with no change of clothes. I'm convinced it's because she doesn't want him venturing outdoors in the cooler weather. This in turn prevents my son and the other boy from going out.

I've been very clear with this mother that I need her son's clothes and shoes because we play outside every day (as long as it's not raining and no one has a cold). She acted surprised that I needed his shoes and now she's 'astounded' (complete with wide eyes and gasp) that he needs clothes to play outside in! I was also very clear with her before her son started that we play outside every day, and that winter clothes, boots, hat etc. are required. I even put this info in the brochure, so she has a copy of it in black and white.

The worst part is that I can't really afford to push the issue or I feel I might offend her and lose her as a client. I definitely think she is trying to manipulate the situation to force me to change my outdoor activities, which I am totally opposed to.

All I can say is... Aaargh!   

Offline icebabe

• Infant
Re: Annoying mom
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 04:12:50 PM »
You can't let her get away with it, tell her the other children love being outside and that it is healthy for them, plus you can't let her dictate to you on how you are running your daycare. Some parents think that their child/chidren are the most important, but when you run a daycare they all mean the same to you. 

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources