Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: rates  (Read 10086 times)

Offline ashleyb

• Infant
rates
« on: March 11, 2010, 07:28:13 PM »
I am just starting my own home daycare and I was wondering what I should charge for 2 children one year and the other is 4 years for full days. Thanks

Offline Annie

• Infant
Re: rates
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 06:35:08 PM »
Hey there,

The cost will depend on where you live.  Call around or go on the internet and see what other providers are charging in your area.  It can very so significantly and it always seems to be based on supply and demand.  I am in Toronto and the rates are quite high...up to $50 if you offer care for infants, but other cities are $25 - 30.

If you can't find any info just post another message.  If you tell me where you are I can do a quick search for you. :)

Annie Scott
Director - Tummy 2 Mummy
www.tummy2mummy.ca

Offline Kim

• Infant
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 11:04:12 AM »
Hi There,

I am reopening my childcare after 6 yrs of being in the outside workforce. I had my home daycare in Montreal from 1997 until 2003 when we moved to Kitchener, Ontario for my husband's work. Back then I charged $20.00 a day whether they were infants or toddlers.
Now I am thinking of charging $30.00 a day. Should I make a different rate for infants such as $40.00 a day. I am thinking it is too high for my area. Maybe $125/wk for toddlers and $150/wk for infants up till 3yrs old. I am currently advertising through Kijji and flyers and word of mouth.
Looking forward to hearing from everyone ;D.

Cheers,
Kim

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 11:54:04 AM »
Hi Kim. Welcome to the forum.

Here are some rates as per our child care survey:

http://www.godaycare.com/child-care-cost

You can also browse our daycare listings and see what others are charging in your area

http://www.godaycare.com/ontario/kitchener/1

Hope this helps.

Offline sunshine2012

• Infant
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 12:09:11 AM »
I have seen 35.00 for infant and then it goes down for 2 -3 yr olds to 30.00

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources