Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Change Table?  (Read 10205 times)

Offline agesandstagesdaycare

• Infant
Change Table?
« on: March 22, 2011, 08:49:57 AM »
Hi,
Do you use a change table?

thanks.

Offline sunshine2012

• Infant
Re: Change Table?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 12:07:02 AM »
Yes I do! but if your kid is all over the place use the floor where the kid can not get hurt.

Offline littleturtles

• Infant
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »
I have a change table and currently its located on my upper level of my home which will not work for daycare( opening in january) but I was wondering the same...should I move it to my main level? I didnt use it a ton with my son but in a way its handy to have an area! Good luck! good ques ...im in the middle! :)

Offline MissJenBC

• Infant
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 11:02:21 AM »
As long as it is in the vicinity of a sink, and you can still supervise the other children you will be ok. Licensing have said to me that is is acceptable to use a change pad on the floor, in order to ensure the safety of the group.

Offline Mondaygirl

• Infant
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 08:58:21 PM »
I would use the change pad on the floor. Much easier and can be put away between diaper changes, so it frees up space.  :)

Offline Sharon-Marie

• Infant
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 01:24:19 PM »
I use an old computer desk. I cut a piece of foam to fit and wrapped it in vinyl to make it cleanable. I made a small quilt to cover the pad which I toss in the washer weekly. Each child has a change mat I put down on the quilt for changes. It is located just outside the two piece washroom on my main floor. I have a 5 drawer plastic tower beside the change table where I keep diapers for each child and the change mats, wipes, etc are stored on a shelf above the toilet in the washroom.

As I get older I appreciate not having to get down on the floor for changes as that is a lot with 5 in diapers. Even those that come to me that won't be still for diaper changes can be retrained within a couple weeks that laying still is not an option at my house.

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources