Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: What makes your daycare special/unique or of good quality  (Read 3192 times)

Offline spud

• kindergartner
What makes your daycare special/unique or of good quality
« on: February 07, 2008, 05:44:52 PM »
What makes your daycare special/unique or of good quality?

Offline JulieM

• Infant
Re: What makes your daycare special/unique or of good quality
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:31:41 PM »
The children that are in my care are my only priority.During my day care day I do not worry about my house work until the end of the day.I look at it this way If I went out of the home to work such as a daycare center my chores would still be waiting for me when I got in the door.Oh I may get a load of laundry done during the day and clean up after lunch or craft but that's the extent of my house work.

Offline swisscanmom

• Infant
    • Nature Friends Childcare
Re: What makes your daycare special/unique or of good quality
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 03:07:11 PM »
I offer a natural childhood experience, with good food, a good mix of active and rest times, lots of outdoor play, good quality open ended toys, arts and crafts that are experience oriented as opposed to result driven. No academics unless prompted by the child. Very little TV.
I am experiencing & learning WITH the children. While our day is structured through meal and nap times what we do in between varies a lot, I don't have a program, what we do is prompted by the children's wants & needs.

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources