Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Parents worried about childcare rates  (Read 2866 times)

Offline CareDC

• Administrator
  • Schoolager
Parents worried about childcare rates
« on: March 06, 2010, 07:58:56 AM »
PRINCE.EDWARD.ISLAND (CBC) - Parents are starting to lobby the P.E.I. government to provide money for child-care centres because rates could go up by 30 per cent next fall.

Child-care centres will lose an important revenue source when kindergarten moves into the school system this fall, and some centres say they'll have to increase their rates from 10 to 30 per cent.

Right now, the province pays the centres a subsidy for every child in kindergarten, and is considering a new subsidy for child-care centres.

That's something that Laurie Brehaut is pushing for. She recently learned the child-care bill for her two young kids could increase by $300 a month this September, bringing the monthly cost up to $1,500.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/100305/canada/canada_pei_pei_daycar_funding_kindergarten

Offline nannychild

• Infant
Re: Parents worried about childcare rates
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 12:02:29 AM »
Hollie cow..

Oups..

That much money..

Offline aj

• Infant
Re: Parents worried about childcare rates
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 02:29:46 PM »
I pay 1615 for my 11 month old and 468 for before and after school care for my 6 yr old.  I'd be happy with 1500.....

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources