Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: Is mildew bad for my child?  (Read 11461 times)

Offline nancytaylor

  • Infant
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Is mildew bad for my child?
« on: January 10, 2017, 05:12:02 AM »
Hi everyone, I am expecting to give birth to our first child and me and my husband are worried that the mildew in our basement can effect the health of our baby, we have closed down the basement since we started to feel the smell but it is getting stronger by each passing day, if this will be bad for health we can hire a company to get rid of this issue, since my cousin works there so we he will take care of it for us. What do you suggest?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:27:04 AM by CareDC »

Offline Mike

  • Infant
  • *
  • Posts: 21
Re: Is mildew bad for my child?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 01:40:25 AM »
If it's black mold, that does give off toxic fumes and should be dealt with. Any mold or mildew should be cleaned up, but the black mold is the worst.

Offline creativegarden

  • Infant
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • Creative Garden Waiuku
Re: Is mildew bad for my child?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 03:23:23 AM »
babies are at higher risk for aversive health Impact from mildew and mold because of their sensibility to the environment. The New Mexico Department of Health website tells that the infants are at greater hazard when they are exposed to moldy environments on a regular or routine basis.


©2016 All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources