Canadian Parenting and Child Care Community forums - parent and childcare provider advice and discussions

Author Topic: root canal for my son  (Read 247 times)

Offline mary_mcc3

• Infant
root canal for my son
« on: January 15, 2021, 04:06:47 AM »
My son has a craving for sweet and salty products. Lately, he has lost his appetite. I am a little worried about his oral health. He has been experiencing toothaches for a while now. We went to a dentist, and he made us aware that he might have cavities because of his eating habits. He recommended that a root canal was necessary as there was a severely bad and damaged tooth infected. This is the first time we visit a dentist as we don't have a family dentist. I am having some concerns if we should go through it or not. Could someone help and advise me on this?

Offline patriciaucker

• Infant
Re: root canal for my son
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 04:41:50 PM »
I would recommend you go through with it by visiting your dentist and take the option of the root canal. There are possibilities if late to take care of your teeth, there are chances for the damage to be worse. As your son is young, getting immediate dental care would be helpful to maintain his oral health. Please do consider the factors for a root canal before going ahead with the procedure.

©2016 godaycare.com. All rights reserved

Privacy and Terms of Use | Contact Us | Read our FAQ | Resources